Quick Seafood Pizza
Make four mini pizzas or one large one with the same quantities of ingredients. If you are short of time, use a pizza-base mix instead of making the dough.
FOR THE PIZZA BASE
5ml/1 tsp easy-blend yeast
450g/1lb/4 cups strong bread flour
15ml/1 tbsp sugar
5ml/1 tsp sea salt
300ml/½ pint/1¼ cups lukewarm water 30ml/2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
FOR THE FISH TOPPING
15ml/1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
800g/1¾lb canned or fresh plum tomatoes, chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
15ml/1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
100g/4oz cherry tomatoes, halved
12 fresh anchovy fillets, or 1 can anchovy fillets, drained
8 fresh, peeled prawns
A few sprigs of fresh thyme, to garnish
1. Stir the easy-blend yeast into the flour in a large bowl. Add the sugar and sea salt and mix together well.
2. Add the water and olive oil to the bowl, and stir to make a firm dough.
3. Knead the dough for about 10 minutes. Cover and leave in a warm place until it has doubled in size.
4. Knock back the dough and knead for 5 minutes, then cut the dough into four. Shape each of the four pieces of dough into 13m/5in circles.
5. Fry the onions until soft. Add the canned tomatoes, seasoning and thyme and simmer for 15 minutes. Brush the pizza bases with olive oil and cook on a medium-hot barbecue, oiled side down, for about 6-8 minutes, until firm and golden underneath. Oil the uncooked side and turn the pizzas over.
6. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Assemble each of the pizzas with a spoonful of the sauce, a couple of anchovy fillets and prawns and the cherry tomatoes. Return the pizzas to the barbecue and cook for a further 8-10 minutes until golden and crispy. Scatter a few fresh sprigs of thyme on top of the pizzas to serve.